A new build has been released tonight around 10pm EST/-5GMT. It is a 458mb file. More details soon.
We’ve got some updates coming soon for the rogue class and I wanted to duck in and give you a sneak preview of what we’ve been working on as well as our future goals. Below are lists (by no means exhaustive) of some of these changes and goals.
- Quality of life improvements: Removal of various reagents (Thieves’ Tools, Flash Powder) as well as a Poisons skill change. We’re removing the Poisons skill and making the finished poisons available on vendors for purchase. This should free up a fair amount of bag space.
- Envenom: Now also increases your chance to apply poisons by 25% for 2-6 seconds (based on combo points).
- Wounding Poison: No longer stacks. The first application now reduces healing by 50%.
- Anesthetic Poison: Now also removes one Enrage effect from the target.
- Evasion, Sprint, Vanish: Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes. (Talents that reduce cooldown take this down to 2 minutes.)
- Cloak of Shadows: Cooldown increased to 2 minutes. (Elusiveness now reduces this cooldown to 1 minute.)
- A new level 75 ability has been designed. This is going to be one of the bigger teases as we’re not quite ready to talk about this one yet. I will say that will add some much needed group utility.
- Fan of Knives: Weapon normalization to equalize effectiveness regardless of weapons carried.
- Dismantle now trained at level 20.
- Mutilate: No longer requires you be behind the target.
- Relentless Strikes: Talent is too “required” and will be made more accessible. Vigor will replace its spot in the tree and a new talent will be created to fill Vigor’s spot.
- Find Weakness: Made passive to cut down on the number of triggered effects that either don’t affect gameplay or affect it in a negative way.
- Cut to the Chase: No longer requires a critical Eviscerate or Envenom. The finisher just has to land.
- Hunger for Blood: Now removes any harmful physical effect instead of Bleed or Magic effects. Bleed effects will still be removed (as all are physical) as well as effects like Mortal Strike, Aimed Shot, Expose Armor etc…
- Riposte: Now generates a combo point.
- Mace Specialization: This will grant armor penetration when using a mace. (The warrior talent will as well.)
- Deflection: Reduced to 3 ranks for 2/4/6% parry. This should soften the prereq for Riposte.
- Fist Weapon Specialization: Merged with Dagger Specialization.
- Dagger Specialization: Renamed Close Quarters Combat, moved to tier 3.
- Dual Wield Specialization: Moved to tier 1. Lightning Reflexes swapped locations with it and still needs a little more “oomph”.
- Unfair Advantage and Stay of Execution: Change to more offensive/utility (read mobility) talents. Too much defense on this tier.
- Killing Spree: Weapon normalization to equalize effectiveness regardless of weapons carried.
- More attractive Tier 1 to draw in all types of builds.
- Fewer dagger specific talents to allow additional build options.
- Wrongfully Accused: Reviewed. This talent doesn’t fit well in this location. May be moved lower and/or redesigned.
- Shadow Dance: A bit awkward at the moment. Due for some polish and some design tweaks.
Plenty to do still as you can see. As I mentioned, this isn’t everything we’ve got our eye on but gives you something to discuss and look for in an upcoming beta patch. Please add to the list anything you think needs special attention.
Control of Nature is being rolled into Nature’s Focus. This was done to make room in the Balance Tree for new updates and for the early tier of Resto to be more appealing to Balance Druids. The current plan for Nature’s Grasp is for it to be a base ability (100% chance).
Some changes to Penance are incoming:
- The first tick will be virtually instant (so overall the channel is now 2 seconds, not 3)
- The mana cost has been cut roughly in half.
- There’s a new Discipline talent that will make it more interesting
WARRIOR (Fan Submitted: Serennia)
- Trauma and sudden death switched spots in the talent tree
- Toughness now grants up to 50% movement impair reduction
- Strength of arms and unrelenting assault switched places in arms
- Intensify rage and precision switched places in fury
- Sword and board increased from 10% to 15% chance
- Critical block changed to add 15% crit on shield slam, in addition to previous effect
- New ability in deep prot (charge; bugged?)
- Safeguard now 2 ranks instead of 3 for same effectiveness
- Vigilance tweaked slightly
- Improved defensive stance causes an enrage effect when you dodge, block, or parry
- Improved shield wall increases effect by 5/10% now in addition to duration
- Improved disarm reduced to 2 ranks for same effectiveness
- Improved revenge reduced to 2 ranks for 10/20% damage and 25/50% chance to stun
- Puncture changed to 2 ranks and only reduces sunder/devastate by 1/2 rage now
- Mace spec now grants armor penetration rating
Toughness: Now also reduces the duration of all slowing effects by 10/20/30/40/50%
Improved revenge: Now has 2 ranks (10/20% damage increase and 25/50% chance to stun)
Improved sunder renamed Puncture: Now has 2 ranks and will reduce the rage cost by 1/2
Improved shield wall: increases the damage reduction by 5/10% and lowers the cooldown by 30/60 seconds
Improved revenge: now 2 ranks for the same effect.
Improved defensive stance: Now 2 ranks, 3/6% damage reduction and also grants a 100% chance to become enraged for 12 seconds increasing damage on a dodge, block or parry (no miss)
New charge ability, requieres 40 points in protection. Charges the enemy, 15 seconds cooldown; generates rage, can’t be used in combat.
Critical Block: same as before with a 5/10/15% chance to crit with shield slam added to it
Sword and board increased to 15% wth 5/5, same as before for the functionality
Fury: Precision and intensify rage have been swapped
Arms: Strength of arms and Unrelenting assault swapped
- Weapon Throw (Level 80)
- Throws your weapon at the enemy causing [ 100% of AP + 1 ] damage (based on attack power). This ability causes high threat. 30 yd range, 0.5 sec cast, 20 sec cooldown
- A furious assault that consumes an Enrage effect on the warrior and attacks with all weapons. Can only be used while Enraged. 15 Rage, 5 yd range, Instant, 10 sec cooldown
Enraged Assault (Level 75)